The Highly Sensitive Child: Helping Our Children Thrive When The World Overwhelms Them
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Your purchases help us support important charities.
The bestselling author and psychologist whose books have topped 240,000 copies in print now addresses the trait of “high sensitivity” in children–and offers a breakthrough parenting guidebook for highly sensitive children and their caregivers.
With the publication of The Highly Sensitive Person, Elaine Aron became the first person to identify the inborn trait of “high sensitivity” and to show how it affects the lives of those who possess it. Up to 20 percent of the population is born highly sensitive, and now in The Highly Sensitive Child, Aron shifts her focus to highly sensitive children, who share the same characteristics as highly sensitive adults and thus face unique challenges as they grow up.
Rooted in Aron’s years of experience as a psychotherapist and her original research on child temperament, The Highly Sensitive Child shows how HSCs are born deeply reflective, sensitive to the subtle, and easily overwhelmed. These qualities can make for smart, conscientious, creative children, but with the wrong parenting or schooling, they can become unusually shy or timid, or begin acting out. Few parents and teachers understand where this behavior comes from–and as a result, HSCs are often mislabeled as overly inhibited, fearful, or “fussy,”or classified as “problem children” (and in some cases, misdiagnosed with disorders such as Attention Deficit Disorder). But raised with proper understanding and care, HSCs are no more prone to these problems than nonsensitive children and can grow up to be happy, healthy, well-adjusted adults.
In this pioneering work, parents will find helpful self-tests and case studies to help them understand their HSC, along with thorough advice on:
• The challenges of raising an highly sensitive child
• The four keys to successfully parenting an HSC
• How to soothe highly sensitive infants
• Helping sensitive children survive in a not-so-sensitive world
• Making school and friendships enjoyable
With chapters addressing the needs of specific age groups, from newborns through teens, The Highly Sensitive Child delivers warmhearted, timely information for parents, teachers, and the sensitive children in their lives.
YAMIU Packing Cubes 7-Pcs Travel Organizer Accessories with Shoe Bag & 2 Toiletry BagsRated 0 out of 5
$49.00(as of July 15, 2019, 7:55 pm) Buy product
- Children's Books
No Matter What (Send A Story)Rated 0 out of 5
$7.99(as of July 15, 2019, 7:55 pm) & FREE Shipping. DetailsSave $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout.Your coupon will be applied at amazon checkout. DetailsBuy product
Coupons available for this offerView more couponsNo Matter What (Send A Story)Save $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout.
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 16, 2019.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to rentals, digital content or subscriptions.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 16, 2019.
- Promotional code only applies to print books.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout to qualify.
- Toys & Games
Uncle Milton Rainbow In My Room – Rainbow Night Light Projector – STEM LearningRated 0 out of 5
$19.99(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product
- Children's Books
Fancy Nancy Take-Along Storybook Set: 5 Storybook AdventuresRated 0 out of 5
$11.99(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product
- Food & Health
How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse DiseaseRated 0 out of 5
$32.50(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product