Lost at School: Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Your purchases help us support important charities.
From the Author
“I wrote Lost at School because numerous educators were telling me they wanted a book on Collaborative & Proactive Solutions that was specially geared toward the problems they face in school…and to help them persuade colleagues who were still stuck in old ways of thinking about school discipline to change their thinking and their practices. It’s had an affect on discipline practices in many schools…just not enough of them just yet.” — Ross Greene
About the Author
Dr. Ross W. Greene is the New York Times bestselling writer of Raising Human Beings, Lost & Found, Lost at School, and The Explosive Child. Dr. Greene was on the faculty at Harvard Medical School for over twenty years, and is now founding director of the nonprofit organization Lives in the Balance (LivesintheBalance.org), which provides vast free resources of the model of care — now called Collaborative & Proactive Solutions–described in his books. Dr. Greene’s research has been funded by the United States Department of Education, the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the Stanley Medical Research Institute, and the Maine Juvenile Justice Advisory Group. He speaks widely right through the world, and lives in the Portland, Maine
From the renowned authority on education and parenting, “an in-depth approach to aid parents and teachers to work in conjunction with behaviorally challenging students” (Publishers Weekly)—now revised and updated.School discipline is broken. Too frequently, the kids who need our help the most are viewed as disrespectful, out of keep an eye on, and beyond help, and are frequently the recipients of our most ineffective, most punitive interventions. These students—and their parents, teachers, and administrators—are frustrated and desperate for answers.Dr. Ross W. Greene, writer of the acclaimed book The Explosive Child, offers educators and parents a different framework for understanding challenging behavior. Dr. Greene’s Collaborative & Proactive Solutions (CPS) approach helps adults focus on the true factors contributing to challenging classroom behaviors, empowering educators to address these factors and create helping relationships with their most at-risk kids.This revised and updated edition of Lost at School contains the latest refinements to Dr. Greene’s CPS model, including enhanced methods for solving problems collaboratively, improving communication, and building relationships with kids.Dr. Greene’s lively, compelling narrative includes: • Tools to identify the problems and lagging skills causing challenging behavior• Explicit guidance on how to radically give a boost to interactions with challenging kids and reduce challenging episodes—at the side of many examples showing how it’s done• Practical guidance for successful planning and collaboration among educators, parents, and kidsBacked by years of experience and research and written with a powerful sense of hope and achievable change, Lost at School gives teachers and parents the realistic strategies and information to affect the classroom experience of every challenging kid (and their classmates).
YAMIU Packing Cubes 7-Pcs Travel Organizer Accessories with Shoe Bag & 2 Toiletry BagsRated 0 out of 5
$49.00(as of July 15, 2019, 7:55 pm) Buy product
- Children's Books
No Matter What (Send A Story)Rated 0 out of 5
$7.99(as of July 15, 2019, 7:55 pm) & FREE Shipping. DetailsSave $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout.Your coupon will be applied at amazon checkout. DetailsBuy product
Coupons available for this offerView more couponsNo Matter What (Send A Story)Save $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout.
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 16, 2019.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to rentals, digital content or subscriptions.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 16, 2019.
- Promotional code only applies to print books.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout to qualify.
- Toys & Games
Uncle Milton Rainbow In My Room – Rainbow Night Light Projector – STEM LearningRated 0 out of 5
$19.99(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product
- Children's Books
Fancy Nancy Take-Along Storybook Set: 5 Storybook AdventuresRated 0 out of 5
$11.99(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product
- Food & Health
How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse DiseaseRated 0 out of 5
$32.50(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product