Discipline Without Damage: How to Get Your Kids to Behave Without Messing Them Up
As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Your purchases help us support important charities.
—Dr. Laura Markham, PhD, Founding editor of AhaParenting.com and author of Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids
“In Discipline Without Damage, Dr. Vanessa Lapointe explores the important question of why we discipline rather than just how. We need to question the notion that the only way to raise happy, capable and caring future adults is to punish children when they don’t behave according to our wishes. Actually, by showing that children in reality need kindness, fairness and a caring, safe environment, Dr. Lapointe has created a trustworthy resource for parents.”
—Maggie Dent, Author of 9 Things: A Back-to Basics Guide to Calm, Common-sense, Connected Parenting Birth
“In this eloquent book, Dr. Lapointe makes a powerful case for disciplining our children without power struggles, manipulation or keep an eye on. An insightful guide for all parents!”
—Dr. Shefali Tsabary, PhD, Author of the New York Times bestselling book The Conscious Parent
“This book is a must-read for all parents who know what feels right about disciplining their kids, but have been advised to do the opposite. Dr. Lapointe combines scientific theory with her wealth of experience working with children, and gives clear examples of how to put it all into practice. Read this book and see the results in your happy, well-adjusted child.”
—Barbara Fitzgerald M.D. FRCP(C), Developmental pediatrician and Clinical associate professor, University of British Columbia
“I love this book! It’s a rare combination of science-based, practical,
respectful, and effective discipline.”
—Dr. Tina Payne Bryson, PhD, Co-author of the New York Times bestselling books The Whole-Brain Child and No-Drama Discipline
“In Discipline without Damage, Dr. Lapointe shows why communication and connection are so important for our children. And why it is especially important for us adults to discipline ourselves so that we don’t go down the path of disconnection in the name of good behavior. Read this book and discover creative ways to be with your children and respect them for who they are.”
—Vikram Vij, Chef, sommelier, and co-owner of Vij’s group of companies
“I am delighted to see a book that in theory and practice shows parents how to keep watch over their children’s immature behaviors in constructive ways… If when we go to keep watch over our children’s behavior we think, ‘Do I want my child to grow up to treat others this way?’ we can be much more inclined to use the techniques advocated in this book.”
—Dr. Martha H. Pieper, PhD, Author of Smart Love: The Comprehensive Guide to Understanding, Regulating, and Enjoying Your Child
“Dr. Lapointe has given parents, members of the family and the professionals who work with them a wonderful gift. Discipline Without Damage should be required reading for us all. Written from a deep pool of experience and knowledge, this practical book helps us understand what children need to thrive.”
—Dana Brynelsen, OBC, LLD, Former provincial advisor, Infant Development Program of BC
About the Author
Dr. Laura Markham is the founding editor of AhaParenting.com and author of Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids.
In this easy-to-read, science-based book, parents, caregivers, and adults of all kinds discover how discipline affects children’s development, why intervention should strengthen connection not separation, and why the disciplinary strategies that may have been used on us as children don’t seem to be the ones that children in reality need. As a practicing child and family psychologist and advisor to the British Columbia ministry of children and families, Dr. Vanessa has seen it all, and she has navigated hundreds of tough situations with families. Drawing on scientific research and a wealth of clinical experience, she shows you how to put out the fire without dampening your child’s spirits; how to correct their behavior even as emphasizing connection; and how to discipline without damage.
YAMIU Packing Cubes 7-Pcs Travel Organizer Accessories with Shoe Bag & 2 Toiletry BagsRated 0 out of 5
$49.00(as of July 15, 2019, 7:55 pm) Buy product
- Children's Books
No Matter What (Send A Story)Rated 0 out of 5
$7.99(as of July 15, 2019, 7:55 pm) & FREE Shipping. DetailsSave $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout.Your coupon will be applied at amazon checkout. DetailsBuy product
Coupons available for this offerView more couponsNo Matter What (Send A Story)Save $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout.
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 16, 2019.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (look for "sold by Amazon.com" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party
sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even
if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
- Offer does not apply to rentals, digital content or subscriptions.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $5.
- Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 16, 2019.
- Promotional code only applies to print books.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- Enter promo code PRIMEBOOK19 at checkout to qualify.
- Toys & Games
Uncle Milton Rainbow In My Room – Rainbow Night Light Projector – STEM LearningRated 0 out of 5
$19.99(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product
- Children's Books
Fancy Nancy Take-Along Storybook Set: 5 Storybook AdventuresRated 0 out of 5
$11.99(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product
- Food & Health
How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse DiseaseRated 0 out of 5
$32.50(as of July 14, 2019, 8:04 pm) & FREE Shipping. Details Buy product